Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A sick little girl, a sick grandpa, and a crazy fun weekend!

The week is halfway over, but so far it has been good. We got to go visit Grandpa on Monday night, he was hanging in there. He has lost some hearing because of the baric chamber treatments, but he suprised us and could hear us o.k., and talked a little bit. When my girls went up to him to give him a hug, he treated them the same way he always has. One thing I have always loved about him, is his love for little ones. When ever we visit with him and Grandma, they always fight to be the first to hold the babies and they are both so sweet and tender with them, and the older little ones are cherished by them too. My kids adore them too.
It was good to see him, and when we left, I kissed him on the forehead and waved, to which he waved back at me. On our way out, another elderly man was sitting at a table with a half done puzzle and a few cards in his hands. He was very sweet to say "Hi" to us and it made me wonder about who he was, and what his life had been like and who his loved ones are. If we hadn't of been in a hurry, so we could go visit Grandma too, and then get the Hubby home to work, I would have sat down and had a chat with him :)
FAMILY is the most important thing in this life, and in the life before we came to earth, and the life after this time on earth. LOVE is the gospel of Jesus Christ, and FAMILY revolves around LOVE. I love it! hehe
As far as a sick little girl now, my 3 year old has the fever and symptoms that my 5 year old had about 2 weeks ago. Kind of crazy it took 2 weeks for her body to start fighting and getting rid of it.
For those that don't know, I completely switched my mothering ways to the natural healing way. It works, it nourishes, and it is just so much better all together. I don't give Tylenol for fevers like I used to when my 5 year old was little, but instead I work to treat the source instead of the reactions and symptoms. My 5 year olds fever lasted her about 2 days, but she didn't have any long lasting symptoms from it. I am hoping for the same with my 3 year old.
We started with Dr. Christopher's brand of Kid-e-Reg to regulate her bowel movements to help with toxin elimination, and I have been giving her lots of rest and water and have been putting Forever Green essential oil Kids wellness on her every hour or so. So far she is doing well. I am glad I can help her body get rid of the sickness on its own by using the fever to kill the virus, and keeping her hydrated to keep her body eliminating and healing.
Tonight is American Idol finale, I like watching American Idol, but because I am always busy I forget to watch a lot of the episodes lol, but the finale is always something I never miss! :)
Tomorrow, my sister and her boys are coming to stay with us for a couple nights for my sisters wedding on Saturday. Friday, we will be busy with getting haircuts and pictures and just having fun! I get to rent an awesome lens which will be coming on Thursday also, and I just received some ND filters for my 18-55mm lens and my sisters 20x24 bridal came in the mail. It's been fun!
On one more note, a sweet girl that used to live in my neighborhood, who is now married, got in a car accident yesterday. Her and her husband were both hurt pretty bad, and she has several broken bones. I will be keeping them in my prayers for healing and strength. Their family has been through a lot in the past years with different family members so I am hoping they will be able to see lots of blessings coming their way.
I would like to be better about blogging on a daily basis again, haha, we will see :)What are your thoughts, is it o.k. to put your personal life journal on a blogging website for everyone to see? I am not sure if it is or not. Well, TTFN!

No comments: