Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Monday

A day of love. hehe
To be honest and dissapointing, (sorry) I forgot to focus completely on why I was wearing my red shirt. I did however get my living and kitchen all cleaned up so when Chris got home he could come into a nice clean loving place. Plus, when he got home I was in a really good mood. Last monday I was really irritable, because it was getting late, and Chris wasn't home, and the kids were getting tired and cranky. So when we tried to start Family home evening, it ended up just being are normal evening devotional and putting the kids in bed. And then I ended up indulging on the cookies that my husband made for treats, and my kids didn't get any. I felt really bad afterwards. Yesterday, was good. We read a story out of the LDS Friend magazine for little kids. Then we attempted a game, but it didn't work so well. I ended up putting the kids to bed by myself, because my brother in law called, and my husband talked to him for a while. I decided it wouldn't do any good to get upset over it, and they don't get to talk much, because my brother in law lives a good 17 hour drive away. I guess thats where the love comes in. Treating my husband the way he should be treated, especially after he goes to work all day, and usually works a couple extra hours of overtime a day to help provide the income we need. I love my husband sooooo much! I need to work on showing it more. Sometimes I feel like staying home all day, only having kids a babies to talk to, feeding them, and changing their diapers, and then cleaning up everything to top it off, drains me more than it would to sit at a desk all day, playing with 3d glasses and maps, but when I think about it.. He gets up earlier than I do, he has to deal with the cold weather, and messy traffic while driving, he works for someone else, which I have to be my own boss, or I go nuts, he has to deal with making sure people in other countries get their work done right, and he has to make sure we have enough income every month to provide for his family. I bring a small amount of income with watching other kids during the day, but I think his responsibility for keeping a job is much higher than mine. I appreciate him so much, and I am thankfull that he is willing to provide a way for me to stay home with the little ones. I know it makes him sad to know that he misses out on cute things the kids do during the day. I think that would be really hard. I have a tremendous respect for stay at home mothers, but I also have a respect for the fathers that are willing to provide the way for stay at home mommy's.
I didn't really practice my talents yesterday, but I did dance for about 20 minutes with the kids, and that was a lot of fun. I am so glad I have the privacy of my home to do dance moves and be completely goofy and not have to worry about people seeing me do it. lol Its fun.
Well, I will work on showing more love on mondays.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

I know that for Mark love is service. So for me to show I love him I clean the house. I guess he doesn't get as much love as he should! You're doing great though!

Tara said...

I feel the same way about Matt. I really appreciate him going to work and providing for us. We are so lucky to be able to stay home with our kids and play with them all day. I get tired of things like housework, and diapers, but I really try to focus on the positive. I get to stay home all day and be with my kids!